Do we like our music simply because of a snappy melody or do the lyrics pull you in? Do you find inspiration from song? How about a little game? Sorta like name that tune 'cept using lyrics.
I am going to list lyrics from rock songs below, can you identify the song and artist? I have taken words from two songs by each artist or band for you to identify. I will try to list them in order of difficulty (this is purely subjective BTW).
Here are the lyrics:
1. The screen door slams, Mary's dress waves. Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays
2. Workin' in the fields till you get your back burned, workin' 'neath the wheel till you get you facts learned
3. When I step into the light my arms open wide, When I step into the light my eyes searching wild. Would you not like to be sitting on top of the world with your legs hanging free
4. He wakes up in the morning does his teeth, bite to eat and he's running, never changes a thing, the week ends the week begins
5. Well they couldn't stand to be apart they could not leave one another alone, her mama used to say 'it's getting late sweetheart it's time that boy went home.'
6. Now the suns gone to hell and the moon's riding high. Let me bid you farewell, every man's has to die
7. Your anger don't impress me the world slapped in your face. It always rains like hell on the losers day parade.
8. And we can't fight the tears that ain't coming or the moment of truth in your lies. When everything feels like the movies, yeah you bleed just to know your alive
Do you have a favorite you would like to add, maybe we can have some fun!